[poppler] Switching source control tools.

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sun Apr 29 07:42:50 PDT 2007

On 4/28/07, Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 29 April 2007 00:07, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:
> > > How about svn and svk. Or svn with local git tools. You can get what you
> > > want, and I can get what I want.
> >
> > What are your reasons for wanting svn?
> Familiarity. Proven reliability. Good documentation.
>
> I can live with git (either through a GUI, if there is one), or I'll write
> some scripts that do update and commit. I'd just prefer svn.
>
> I'm just interested in why did you bother to ask what kind of revision control
> system people wanted if git is the only answer you are willing to accept?

That's a fair question.  As Jeff, I really like git and would to move
to that.  I'm quite familiar with svn too, and I just don't think the
benefits from moving to svn outweigh the downsides to switching, not
now and not in the long term.

So I think it's a good question to ask, to see if there is enough
consensus among the core contributers to switch to git, or if we
should just stay with cvs,

Kristian