[poppler] Annot Improving (III)

Iñigo Martínez inigomartinez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:45:09 PST 2007

Hi:

I have changed again the last patch with the required changes and synced
it with the git head.

I have tried it with some annot testing PDF documents I have around and
everything looks like is working correctly, but I have some (more)
things I have notes about thought.

1. When the dash numbers in the arrays are wrong, poppler old code does
give them 1 value, but reading the pdf reference there is this:

"Note that no dash phase is specified; the phase is assumed to be 0."

So I have assumed that it should have 0, so I have changed it. There are
some error handling I don't know have to handle too, so I have added a
TODO comment to do it later.

2. When handling the colors, poppler old code does default red and green
to 0 but blue to 1. There is nothing about that in the reference. My
code does default all colors to 0, as it does support more color spaces,
maybe I shoudl change it but, where are those 'magic' numbers come
from ?

I think I should do some testing with Acrobat Reader to test everything.
How do you do those testings ? How do you know what values does use
Acrobat once it detects a wrong object/value ?

As always any comment is welcome.