[poppler] Does poppler support forms?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri May 11 09:18:00 PDT 2007

A Divendres 11 Maig 2007, Leonard Rosenthol va escriure:
> It is not possible to legally develop an implementation of Acrobat
> JavaScript for Forms, as there are variety of undocumented methods &
> properties that are used automatically when a form is authored in
> Acrobat.

I'm astonished to read this sentence in a open source/free software mailing
list. People have written drivers for graphic cards without any information
of how the chip works and it is impossible to do an implementation of
Javascript for PDF? Come on...

> However, a form that is authored specifically for
> "baseline JavaScript" could be used with a "baseline viewer".
>
> Leonard
>
> On May 9, 2007, at 3:26 AM, alcueca wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > a client of mine wants to code an open-source pdf viewer which
> > displays
> > forms, allows the user to fill them, and runs JavaScript validation
> > code on
> > the introduced data. Is this possible with poppler?,

No, to some degree we support displaying and in the hopefully near future
writing form data, but as far as i know nobody has started work on adding
Javascript support for that.

Albert