[poppler] More About CMap files

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Oct 14 05:34:41 PDT 2007

I've been checking our CMap files against the ones provided by Acroread.

There are several files we don't provide like
Adobe-CNS1-4
Adobe-Japan1-5
Adobe-Japan2-0
etc
i guess we should add them to poppler-data

Also, there are files with newer version like
ETHK-B5-H
etc
I guess we should update them.

Then there are files that are not in the Acroread CMap dir anymore like
90ms-RKSJ-UCS2 and that now are inside other dir and don't have the
redistribution clause anymore, instead they say

%%Copyright: -----------------------------------------------------------
%%Copyright:
%%Copyright: Copyright 1990-2002 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights
Reserved.
%%Copyright:
%%Copyright: PostScript and Display PostScript are trademarks of
%%Copyright: Adobe Systems Incorporated which may be registered in
%%Copyright: certain jurisdictions.
%%
%% This is not a CMap file. This file is intended to be used by Adobe Acrobat
%% or licensee of the Adobe PDF Library.
%%EndComments

Should we remove those files?