[poppler] make fails

Eiso AB e.ab at chem.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Sep 6 03:26:23 PDT 2007

ok thanks,

I've

Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> El mié, 05-09-2007 a las 22:36 +0200, Eiso AB escribió:
>
>>I'm trying to compile poppler-0.6 on Centos5, but
>>have trouble to get through the procedure.
>>
>>make stops at:
>>
>>poppler-page.cc: In function 'void
>>poppler_page_set_selection_alpha(PopplerPage*, double, GdkPixbuf*,
>>PopplerRectangle*)':
>>poppler-page.cc:623: error: cannot convert 'PopplerRectangle*' to
>>'PopplerSelectionStyle' for argument '3' to
>>'GdkRegion*poppler_page_get_selection_region(PopplerPage*, gdouble,
>>PopplerSelectionStyle, PopplerRectangle*)'
>>make[4]: *** [poppler-page.lo] Error 1
>>make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/e.ab/software/src/poppler-0.6/glib'
>>make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/e.ab/software/src/poppler-0.6/glib'
>>make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
>>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/e.ab/software/src/poppler-0.6/glib'
>>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/e.ab/software/src/poppler-0.6'
>>make: *** [all] Error 2
>>

>>any ideas how I can fix this?
>

> It was reported here yesterday and it's already fixed in cvs head and
> 0.6 branch. If you don't want to use poppler from cvs you can easily fix
> it by compiling with --enable-cairo-output.

I got the latest? version with cvs, like this [ is this the head or 0.6 branch, of
not how do I get that?]

  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/poppler login
  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/poppler co poppler

the INSTALL says to run ./configure but there is no configure file
present.

should I do something else first?

actually I'm trying to install a program kbib on Centos5
which requires poppler and poppler-qt . With yum I find
rpm's for poppler (0.5.4-4.1.el5)
but not for poppler-qt. on the web I can find poppler-qt
rmps for other versions (fc5) but these won't install
because of a conflict

Error: Missing Dependency: poppler-devel = 0.5.4-5.fc6 is needed by package
poppler-qt-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: poppler = 0.5.4-5.fc6 is needed by package poppler-qt
[

so I was guessing that compiling poppler and poppler-qt
myself would get me where I want, but I'm not entirely
sure that it will. any advice on the best rout forward
would be much appreciated.

kind regerds, Eiso

                    _________