[poppler] evince 0.9.92 + poppler 0.6: cairo context error: out of memory

Frederik Himpe fhimpe at telenet.be
Tue Sep 11 04:52:20 PDT 2007

I have problem opening
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/61/Taskjuggler.pdf/ with evince and
poppler 0.6. The pages are almost completely blank (except some of the
monospaced text on a blue background), and in the console I get out of
memory errors by cairo (I still have a more than 1 GB swap space free
though). kpdf 3.5.7 opens the same file perfectly fine. When I select the
invisible text in Evince, it becomes visible though.

$ evince http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/61/Taskjuggler.pdf/

(evince:20181): Gnome-WARNING **: Accessibility: failed to find module
'libgail-gnome' which is needed to make this application accessible

(evince:20181): Gnome-WARNING **: Accessibility: failed to find module
'libatk-bridge' which is needed to make this application accessible
cairo context error: out of memory
cairo context error: out of memory
cairo context error: out of memory
cairo context error: out of memory