[poppler] Rules/procedures for updating ChangeLog when commiting

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Fri Sep 14 04:15:44 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 11:25:06PM -0700, Krzysztof Kowalczyk wrote:
> I just checked in my windows compilation fixes and was hoping that ChangeLog
> will get automagically updated via some checkin script, but apparently it
> isn't.
>
> So, what is the right procedure to update ChangeLog? The entries seem to be
> auto-generated from the checkin comment and based on touched files but I
> couldn't find any docs on how to properly manage ChangeLog.

This is all a manual process afaik. I use a prepare-ChangeLog script
from:
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/scripts/prepare-ChangeLog.pl.txt
and then manually copy-paste into the commit message from there.

Fortunately, this process will no longer be necessary when we switch to
git.

> Also, some checkin scripts seems to be executed and it claims that it
> generates an e-mail to poppler at lists.freedesktop.org (i.e. this list) but I
> don't see any checkin notices sent here?

Yeah, this has been broken for some time now. I think they are sitting
in some moderation queue some place.

-Jeff