[poppler] Using OpenJPEG for JPXStreams
Albert Astals Cid
aacid at kde.org
Sat Jun 7 07:36:02 PDT 2008
Hi, attached a patch that makes poppler use OpenJPEG for JPX streams
(JPEG2000) instead of the internal decoder.
What we win:
* Less code to maintain. Huzzah!
* Code that is easy to understand. Huzzah!
* Works with more PDF, for example works with the one at poppler bug 15629.
* Seems to have less peak memory usage, for example massif reports a peak of
33,445,880 bytes using internal decoder and the pdf of kde bug 157800 while
with the new code it reports a peak of 12,502,744 bytes. On the other hand
i'm not a massif expert so i may be doing something wrong. Half Huzzah!
* Seems somewhat faster. Half Huzzah!
That's 4 Huzzah! Not bad ;-)
I'd like you to test the patch, as i just have 11 PDF using JPX streams.
If noone finds any reason i should not commit this patch (like any PDF that
fails), i'll commit this to master git branch in a week.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 13985 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/attachments/20080607/54323b77/attachment.patch
More information about the poppler