[poppler] Poppler 0.10 release plan

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Sat May 17 14:08:58 PDT 2008

Hi,

> 2 August 2008 - Poppler 0.9.0 (0.10 Beta 1)
> 9 August 2008 - Poppler 0.9.1 (0.10 Beta 2)
> 18 August 2008 - Poppler 0.9.2 (0.10 RC 1)
> 25 August 2008 - Poppler 0.9.3 (0.10 RC 2)
> 3 September 2008 - Poppler 0.10.0

Hmm... not sure planning betas and RCs in August can lead to the testing
needed for the release...

> I want comments from Pino regarding when his 3D work will be finished and
> if he wants it to go in this or in next release

As my plan is to make the real code for reading and rendering the U3D code
outside Poppler (so it isn't tied to it), the reading of the 3D structures
(3D stream, views, annotations, etc) is at a good point (around 50% of the
stuff, I think, most of the "essential" stuff).
Of course, this is only for the core classes, I did not start the Qt4 frontend
classes yet (although they should be easy to do).

> from Iñigo about his ongoing annotations work.

I sneak into this as well :P
No really, I helped a bit Iñigo with that, and thus I was able to switch to
the core Annot classes in the Qt4 frontend. This way, we are testing those
with Okular as well, ironing the potential issues.
IIRC almost all the annotation types are parsed in the core, the missing types
should be PrinterMark, TrapNet and Watermark (and 3D, but it's a separate
case). About the Qt4 frontend, Screen and Movie types are not "mapped" yet.
For the rest, just wait for Iñigo's thoughts.

--
Pino Toscano