[poppler] How can I render this file

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Nov 9 13:22:02 PST 2008

Hi Albert, and Zhang Peng,

On 10/11/2008, at 6:39 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> A Diumenge 09 Novembre 2008, zhang peng va escriure:
>>  I have set CMap files to the poppler data directory.
>>
>>  It seems that the font can't display!  The file can't be displayed!
>>
>>  Thanks!
>
> Poppler 0.10.0 works here.

  pdftotext  worked fine for me,
    both with Poppler v0.8.2  and  Poppler v0.10.0

However there were problems with  readme.pdf
when using other software.

e.g.,  Adobe Reader v8.1.0 and v9.0.0
       both showed just blank pages;

        Adobe Acrobat Pro v8.1.2
       displayed the PDF just fine

        Preview (MacOS X, v10.4.11)
       displayed the PDF just fine

pdftohtml  translated the PDF to a 2-page HTML, with frames
    *but* there were some errors:
(files attached)

  readme.html   has junk in the <TITLE> tag
     looks like a 2-byte sequence hasn't been correctly
     translated into UTF-8

  readmes.html   has junk in both <LI> tags
     again it looks like some bytes (for page titles?)
     were not properly translated to UTF8.