[poppler] xpdf-poppler

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Apr 27 15:02:46 PDT 2009

A Dilluns, 27 d'abril de 2009, Petr Gajdos va escriure:
> On Thursday 23 April 2009 20:16:20 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > You mean that xpdf gives a different result than xpdf using poppler?
> > Quite strange since it's mostly the same code.
>
> No. I mean: If I use xpdf's or poppler's Splash (no matter which)
> * without patch I have sent, then text in xpdf gui really looks awful (left
> side of the jpg)
> * with this patch I have sent, then text in xpdf gui looks much better
> (right side of the jpg)
>
> My question is if I do something wrong in xpdf gui or if this patch
> pointing to it's backend is really needed.

Well, it all boils down to some files/fonts being rendered "nicer" with
hinting and some others without.

I think there's some bug about it in our bugzilla, i never knew what to do
since depending on the pdf one option yields better results that the other.

Albert