[poppler] Cross-compiling and Gdk

Hib Eris hib at hiberis.nl
Fri Aug 28 01:56:43 PDT 2009

Tuom Larsen tuom.larsen at gmail.com (Wed Aug 26 12:46:05 PDT 2009) wrote:

>Hi!
>I try to cross-compile Poppler under Ubuntu and MinGW for Win32 and it stops
>after trying to link with "libgdk-x11-2.0.dll" and "gtk-x11-2.0". Shouldn't
>it try to link with "libgdk-win32-2.0.dll" and "gtk-win32-2.0" instead?

Hi Tuon,

Yes it should, but that is a problem with your configuration:
configure should use a pkg-config that returns the right libraries to link to.

To get this, you can either set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point to .pc files
pointing to win32
 dlls, or install a wrapper pkg-config-mingw32mscvc program that does
this automatically.

You can find a wrapper script in my PPA,
https://launchpad.net/~hiberis/+archive/mingw32libs,
 look for pkg-config-mingw32 package. You can also find cross compiled
packages for poppler, gtk
 and other dependencies there (libpoppler-mingw32, libgtk2.0-mingw32, etc).

Hib Eris