[poppler] Filename vs FileName

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Dec 2 15:12:57 PST 2009

2009/12/2 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>:
> PDF on KDE bug 217013 has a dictionary with a key named Filename instead
> FileName, so when converting to PS it crashes.

Do you mean http://www.tramontana.com.au/bug_files/okular.PDF ?
Do you FontName & Fontname (obj 9)?

> The question is should each time we look for the FileName key look for the
> Filename one if it fails? Or even more broad should we turn dictionary
> searches case insensitive? Or do not try to make it work?

I wanted to complain, but since AR9 accepts the file, so should you
(maybe issuing a warning). Follow the robustness principle, but case
by case - i.e. I wouldn't turn key searches case insensitive.

Best
   Martin