[poppler] Poppler-data 0.4.0 released

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 27 05:31:23 PST 2009

A Diumenge, 27 de desembre de 2009, Hideki Yamane va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 00:12:42 +0100
>
> Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > Can you explain why we need them?
>
>  - Some special *-RKSJ-H CMaps are converted to Identity-H in PDF and
>  *-RKSJ-V CMaps are converted to Identity-V, too. We need to view such PDF
>  files with them.

Do you have any of such files?

>  - these are CMap files as same as that poppler-data has.

Not really, they are Identity CMap which as far as i know is a "null" CMap.

>  - including them would not harm anything.

Except having to update them, maintain them, ship them, etc. Keeping things
uptodate is some work i don't like to do unless it's necessary.

Albert