[poppler] Poppler-data 0.4.0 released

Koji Otani sho at bbr.jp
Mon Dec 28 02:51:34 PST 2009

From: Hideki Yamane <henrich at debian.or.jp>
Subject: Re: [poppler] Poppler-data 0.4.0 released
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:14:12 +0900

henrich>On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:59:39 +0100
henrich>Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
henrich>> Two mails ago you seemed convinced we needed them to view some PDF files and
henrich>> now you are not? I'm not saying i don't want to ship them, i only say i want
henrich>> to see a PDF that needs it, doesn't seem like i'm asking too much to me.
henrich>
henrich> I don't have such PDF file but I heard that 15 special-purpose *-RKSJ-H CMap
henrich> resources were used and converted to Identity-H in PDF in "CJKV Information
henrich> Processing", First Edition, at least.
henrich>

Indentity CMap is a predefined special CMap and it means that character codes
used in a PDF are CIDs in a Font. So, Poppler doesn't need to read Identity
CMap files even when Identity CMaps are used in a PDF.
At least in Poppler, I don't think that Identity CMap files are
needed.

--------
Koji Otani.