[poppler] Poppler 0.14 release schedule

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Dec 28 15:47:38 PST 2009

A Dilluns 28 Desembre 2009 10:17:15, Carlos Garcia Campos va escriure:
> Excerpts from Albert Astals Cid's message of dom dic 27 17:08:45 +0100 2009:
> > Hi, let's discuss the Poppler 0.14 release schedule:
> >
> >  * Feb 28            Poppler 0.13.0 (0.14 Alpha 1)
>
> would it be possible to make the first release a little bit earlier?
> it would be fine with me if it's before Jan 24.

So you want:
a) another intermediate release (eg Alpha 2)
b) 8 weeks between Alpha 1 and Beta 1
c) Move all the schedule 4 weeks to the front

> >  * Mar 28 (+4 weeks) Poppler 0.13.1 (0.14 Beta 1)
> >  * Apr 11 (+2 weeks) Poppler 0.13.2 (0.14 Beta 2)
> >  * Apr 25 (+2 weeks) Poppler 0.13.3 (0.14 RC)
> >  * May  9 (+2 weeks) Poppler 0.14.0
> >
> > This is something that just came out of my head
> >
> > We could accept new features until Beta 2. Afterwards it's just
> > bugfixing.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> In addition to the time schedule it would be nice to have a RoadMap to
> track the features and bug fixes we want to include in 0.14.

I would not go with feature based releases, they just never ever get finished
in time, and with small teams like ours it can get delayed forever, so let's
do as we've always done, set some dates and put in the release as much as we
can, if not there's always a new release around the corner.