[poppler] Poppler cache class

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jun 7 04:46:22 PDT 2009

A Diumenge, 7 de juny de 2009, Brad Hards va escriure:
> On Sunday 07 June 2009 12:33:45 am Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Hi, i've factored out the cache class Koji implemented for caching
> > GfxICCBasedColorSpace and used it for PostScriptFunction results.
>
> I like it.
>
> > This patch makes file from bug 21562 render in 8 seconds instead of 24
> > (still Adobe achieves 3) with a small 5 items cache.
>
> How much memory are we using? Do we need to throw things out in normal use
> on a desktop machine? Perhaps some kind of tuneable setting for memory use?

Don't think so, for the Postscript function thing we are caching 5 items/keys

The key is a bool, a int and an array of doubles, usually smaller than 5
(though it's the input parameters of the function and probably can be bigger).

The item is a int and an array of doubles, that is usually 4 describing a
color.

So it's less than for the particulary slow PDF i have around it's around 500
bytes.

Albert