[poppler] Popup annotations

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Wed May 6 07:49:02 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Popup annots are annotations associated to a markup annotation
representing a popup window in the user interface. Right now, popup
annots are created in AnnotMarkup::initialize() taking the annot dict
from the Popup field of the annot markup dictionary. This is right,
however popup annotations are also in the main annots list which means
we are creating them again in Annots::createAnnot(), and since we are
not handling them, they are created as unknown annots.

I'm not sure what do, I think we have at least two solutions:

 a) Handle them in Annots::createAnnot() returning NULL to ignore them.
They will be accesible through the AnnotMarkup API
AnnotMarkup::getPopup().

b) Handle them in Annots::createAnnot() creating a PopupAnnot and leave
frontends decide what to do with them. In this case we should probably
add refcount to popup annots, or figure out how to build the popup annot
before the markup annot and use the already created popup annot in the
markup one.

I'm totally for a) which looks easier and clearer.
What do you think?

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
   elkalmail at yahoo.es