[poppler] thumbnails

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:38:38 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth at adobe.com> wrote:
> Shawn - Adobe Acrobat/Reader 9 DO use the GPU to render (assuming your machine has a modern one) as well as multiple processors (when available).  If you believe you are seeing poor performance - check to make sure your preferences haven't been changed to disable GPU, etc.

Oh that's interesting.  I'm running it on a mac mini with Intel graphics though.

> In addition, we DO cache the thumbnails - provided you don't do anything to modify the pages...only then do we re-render the page.

No, that's not the behavior I see, unless you consider scrolling
through the thumbnail pane to be a modification.

IMO, dragging them around to re-order pages should not require
re-rendering either, because the appearance of the page did not
change.