[poppler] Checkbox & Radio Button rendering patch

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Nov 15 11:25:01 PST 2009

A Dissabte, 14 de novembre de 2009, Albert Astals Cid va escriure:
> A Dijous, 12 de novembre de 2009, Guillermo A. Amaral va escriure:
> > Hi All,
>
> Hi
>
> >  I have this patch I worked on to fix most my sample pdf files (with
> > forms) that ether didn't show a check mark
> > or dingbat or they where forced to use the dingbat and not the
> > included AP object.
>
> Can you post links to those documents?
>
> >  I had submitted a similar patch before, this one seems to be working
> > for me till now, what will I need to get this
> > baby into trunk? do we have any QA docs to test against?
>
> I just started running my regression test against the 850 documents i have
> collected from kde and freedesktop bugzillas, let's see if there are any
> regression on them.

Here are the results:

The following pdf render checkboxes different, just i can't say if better or
worse since i only see them shifted some pixels.
  https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=26497
  http://launchpadlibrarian.net/11456651/f1040nre-2007.pdf
  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf
  http://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=29612
  http://librarian.launchpad.net/1607136/evince.pdf

The following pdf renders the checkbox better (more like Adobe does)
  http://launchpadlibrarian.net/14733056/Absentee%20Ballot.pdf

The following pdf renders the checkbox worse (though the old render is not
correct is more correct than the one i get with your patch)
  http://www.tecnick.com/pagefiles/tcpdf/example_054.pdf

So the general result is something like +0.5 it would be better if you can
give more PDF were it gives improvements

Albert