[poppler] Poppler-data 0.3.0 released

Hideki Yamane henrich at debian.or.jp
Sun Sep 27 16:19:14 PDT 2009

Hi list,

 I'm poppler-data package maintainer in Debian.
 see http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/poppler-data.html

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 00:13:11 +0200
aacid at kde.org (Albert Astals Cid) wrote:
> Available from
> http://poppler.freedesktop.org/poppler-data-0.3.0.tar.gz
>
> Changes since 0.2.1:
>   Used Adobe files with the new free licenses
>   Clarified copyright for non cMap files
>
> Note: Now all the files conforming poppler-data are under free licenses.

 As I see the discussion at freetype-devel, missing files related with
 Acrobat "ToUnicode" files will be released under the same license as
 cMap files in the future.

 You pointed out that 0.3.0 lacks some files, that's right, so I'll stay
 with 0.2.1 and wait for further release.

 And I have a question about copyright notice. In COPYING file,

> The cidToUnicode, nameToUnicode and unicodeMap data files
> installed by the poppler-data package are Copyright Glyph & Cog, LLC
> and are under the COPYING.gpl2 license

 What "year" for that?

--
Regards,