[poppler] Towards support for linearized PDFs

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Apr 5 14:50:36 PDT 2010

A Dilluns, 5 d'abril de 2010, Hib Eris va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> As a first step towards support for linearized PDFs I have some
> patches that changes to way the Catalog is initialized. Much of the
> things it the Catalog are not always needed and their initialization
> can be deferred to when they are needed. This first batch of patches
> is fairly simple. The more invasive ones will come later.

Some comments:
 * You don't initialize pageMode nor pageLayout to their null enum values.
 * I'd like the new enum values to be added to the end to be more saf in case
anyone was using the int values to save them somewhere
 * You should be freeing catDict

> The last patch in this series is almost certainly incorrect, but I
> would like some input on it. It is dealing with form widgets.
> Question: can this postWidgetsLoad() be done on a per page basis, or
> is it something global to the whole document?

Probably it could be done per page, if you give a patch i can test all docs in
my regression suite to see if we get the same behaviour with your patches or
not.

Also, can you please enlight us what does this give us towards getting
linearized support?

Albert