[poppler] Images slow and memory insane

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 18:54:43 PST 2010

Hi,

First, I love this tool, it's really useful, and I'd like to spend
some time improving it as well.

My problem is that when converting PDFs to HTML (using -c for
complex), if I also want it to generate images, some of my documents
swallow up *all* memory (over 3Gb for a 1 Mb PDF with not that much
images in it), grinding the computer to pulp gasping for cache, and
every other document it can reach before this is about 4-5 times
slower than normal.

I've got version 0.12.4 which I suspect is getting slightly old, but
is there any known improvements to the image handling since that
version? (It's just the apt-get version through Ubuntu)

Kind regards,

Alexander
--
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps