[poppler] glib movie support status?

Sam Kaplan skaplan at ualberta.ca
Sun Jan 3 09:35:52 PST 2010

Hi,

** Rene (you're receiving this twice, as I forgot to CC the poppler
devel list, sorry)

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 21:28 +0100, Rene Wagner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> poppler-glib currently appears to lack movie support. To my knowledge
> there are two patches to address this, one by Hugo Mercier [1] and one
> by Sam Kaplan [2].
>
> Sam's patch unfortunately hasn't made it into the mailing list archive
> (0 byte binary file). Sam, could you resend your patch? You may want to
> make sure that the file ends in .patch or .diff so that the mime type is
> set accordingly and the mailing list software doesn't scrub the
> attachment again.

I've attached the patch to this email, with a .patch ending.  I haven't
tested this against the current head branch in quite a while.

> Beyond that, I would like to know what the "official" plans for movie
> support in the glib bindings are.  I'm working on adding movie support
> to a poppler-glib based PDF viewer and would like to base my work on
> what's going to be merged into poppler proper so that users won't have
> to patch their poppler libraries.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rene
>
> [1]
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2008-September/004064.html
> [2]
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2009-November/005224.html

In my last email, I said that I would try to combine Hugo's patch with
my own, and submit a revised patch, but I have not got around to doing
it yet.

Thanks,

Sam