[poppler] Addition of stream::getChars

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jun 14 11:13:43 PDT 2010

Hi, this patch implements getChars as improvement to the getChar interface,
just by making the number of function calls smaller, i get around 10% speed
improvements in PDF files like 28225 and thought the number of changed lines
is quite big it doesn't add much code duplication (it removes some) so it
should not make code more difficult to maintain.

I've run it thorugh my test suite and did get 100% exact results as the one we
get now.

If noone disagrees i'll commit it to trunk on wednesday european night.