[poppler] Extracting geolocation metadata from a GeoPDF file

Phil Endecott spam_from_poppler at chezphil.org
Tue Mar 30 13:36:14 PDT 2010

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> One aspect that I'm uncertain about is how to use the dict lookup
>> method.  My understanding was that it takes a pointer to an object as
>> the second parameter and copies the retrieved object there, and also
>> returns a pointer to same object on success, or returns NULL on
>> failure.  But this doesn't seem to be the case on failure.  How am I
>> supposed to use this?
>
> Check if the object is null (Object::isNull())

Thanks Albert, that works.

In the unlikely event that anyone else ever needs to extract the
geolocation info from a GeoPDF (TerraGo format) and inject it into a
TIFF to make a GeoTIFF, my code is at
http://svn.chezphil.org/geopdf/trunk/ ; see e.g. the README for details.

While looking at this I noted that these map PDFs have layers, which
could be useful to me at some point in the future.  I don't see any
support for turning layers on and off in the poppler API.  Am I missing
something, or is this not (yet) supported?

Thanks,  Phil.