[poppler] Poppler JNI (and win32)

courtney.christensen at viewplus.com courtney.christensen at viewplus.com
Fri Sep 3 09:05:21 PDT 2010

Hi,
I am looking for some information on a Java interface for Poppler. I found
an entry in the TODO file(1) and a few posts (2, 3) regarding a JNI port
for Android purposes. I gather that this project has not gained much
traction yet. Has any JNI code been written yet?

I'm currently working on a project which would require me to write a win32
version. It seems that others could also benefit from a win32-poppler-jni
DLL. And since there exist win32 versions of the dependent libraries, it
seems doable. But perhaps I am oversimplifying things. More importantly:
would this be a worthy contribution?

Info, comments, and suggestions are welcomed!

--Court