[poppler] poppler 0.15.0 tomorrow

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Wed Sep 15 01:36:02 PDT 2010

Excerpts from Daniel Garcia Moreno's message of mié sep 15 10:23:58 +0200 2010:
> El mié, 15-09-2010 a las 16:34 +0900, suzuki toshiya escribió:
> > Daniel Garcia Moreno wrote:

> > > What do you think about the raworder selection algorithm? Maybe we can
> > > change it to work like that only if TextOutputDev is in rawOrder and in
> > > other case it will work as normal. Doing that we'll add new
> > > functionality to poppler (without breaking nothing) because currently,
> > > in raworder, selection doesn't work.
> > >
> > > I want that functionality in poppler because in evince a11y we use
> > > selection to get the document text and maybe we can offer two models of
> > > text reading, normal and raw order, and user can change if normal
> > > doesn't work as expected.
> >
> > Now I'm writing the patches to add new function to extract raworder text,
> > for glib and cpp bindings. Searching in raworder text is my next task.
> > I was not going to push them to poppler-0.15.0. Do you think they are
> > required in poppler-0.15.0?
> >

> If you are doing that we can add selection in raworder to that changes.
> I will modify my patch to work only if TextOutputDev is in raworder
> mode.

Btw, I've already broken the glib API in master, so if you plan to change
the api too, it would be nice to do it now, at the beginning of the release
cycle. I wouldn't like to change the api for every 0.15.x release,
although I'll probably have to do it again at some point, so if it's too
late for 0.15.0 let's try to do all the changes for 0.15.1.

Regards,
--
Carlos Garcia Campos
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x523E6462