[poppler] localization patch for qt4/tests/poppler-texts.cpp

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Wed Sep 15 03:36:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's overkilling, I wrote a localization
patch for qt4/tests/poppler-texts.cpp, with Qt4's builtin
encoding convertor.

Cobra (the original requester of raw text for poppler-qt4)
told that still Big5 or GBK locales are popular in Chinese
users, so I think localized outputs are preferred than
raw UTF-8 output. If I were working for poppler-utils which
we cannot expect any localization framework, I won't do it.
But Qt4 has good framework, and I could do such.

Anyway, this patch does not introduce any improvement nor
new feature, no need to push it in poppler-0.15.0 release.

Regards,
mpsuzuki