No subject

Sat Aug 13 09:32:13 PDT 2011

seems that it uses kind of mru algorithm to cache font,
but with further analysis, I found current size of cache size is much
small and leads to a not good cache result,. with further analysis, I
find that only less than 20% font is get from cache.  after resize
 the cache, the performance of perf-test improved over 70% (As for my
understanding, the mru algorithm is used for things like processor
cache which has feature of hot zone of code, I think
 this is quite different from the pdf text rendering).

After some search, I checked the implementation of the mupdf
implementation, I found that in:
http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=mupdf.git;a=blob;f=draw/draw_glyph.c;h=95f3955d8254a4eaede497b6468026f608399e0a;hb=HEAD

It just use a cached hash table without limited cache size. So I'd
like to suggest poppler to also use similar strategy for font cache.

What's your opinion?

Thanks,
-Sam