[poppler] build poppler static with msvc2008

Marco Antonio Pincheira adikkto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:07:41 PST 2011

El 28/01/2011 4:50, Albert Astals Cid escribió:
> A Divendres, 28 de gener de 2011, Marco Antonio Pincheira va escriure:
>> Hello to all.
>>
>> I need to know if the latest version of poppler can be compiled with the
>> visual c++ 2008 compiler. AFAIK previous versions, like 0.6 contained
>> files like README.windows and makefile.vc to compile with nmake but i
>> couldn't find these files or anything to help me to do this task. I know
>> that i can achieve the compilation through cygwin or mingw, but i want
>> to know if it can be done using this compiler.
> Use cmake to generate a Visual studio project. Compile. See if it works.
>
> Albert

I used cmake to generate projects for visual studio. In the properties
of the poppler-cpp and poppler-qt4 projects i noticed that they are
cinfigured to be builded as dll so i changed to .lib to generate the
static build. All went ok and there was no problem on building the
libraries, but when i try to use it i get the following error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
static class Poppler::Document * __cdecl Poppler::Document::load(class
QString const &,class QByteArray const &,class QByteArray const &)"
(__imp_?load at Document@Poppler@@SAPAV12 at ABVQString@@ABVQByteArray@@1 at Z)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall MainWindow::MainWindow(class
QWidget *)" (??0MainWindow@@QAE at PAVQWidget@@@Z)

I got this when im using Poppler::Document::load(filename);

I dont know if i already added the poppler-qt4.lib file to te projects
and so with the include files (i also tryed adding poppler.lib and
poppler-cpp.lib) but nothing seems to help.

Besides, i got this same error even if i dont add poppler-qt4.lib to the
project.

I really need help, i have searched all over the web for a solution and
found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Marco