[poppler] pdf import in Inkscap using poppler_glib and poppler_cairo

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 12:34:17 PST 2011

A Dimecres, 16 de febrer de 2011, the Adib va escriure:
> Hello Pino,
>
> it looks that we go for the SvgOutputDev :-)
>
> I got poppler via git and run cmake and autogen.sh,  both won't
> support glib interface. The output looks like: (my system is a ubuntu
> 10.04)
> adib at vega:~/Projekte/poppler/poppler$ cmake .
> -- checking for module 'cairo>=1.10.0'
> --   package 'cairo>=1.10.0' not found
> -- Found lcms version 1.18, /usr/lib/liblcms.so
> Building Poppler with support for:
>   font configuration:   fontconfig
>   splash output:        yes
>   cairo output:         no
>   abiword output:       yes
>   qt4 wrapper:          no
>   glib wrapper:         no
>     introspection:      no
>   cpp wrapper:          yes
>   use gtk-doc:          not supported with this CMake build system
>   use libjpeg:          yes
>   use libpng:           yes
>   use libtiff:          yes
>   use zlib:             no
>   use curl:             no
>   use libopenjpeg:      yes
>   use cms:              yes
>   command line utils:   yes
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: /home/adib/Projekte/poppler/poppler

As the log is saying
--   package 'cairo>=1.10.0' not found

> Also I have question about how would that api look like. Especially to
> set certain options: font replacement, colour profiles, image
> embedding.

Well, you are the user of the API, what would you like to have?

I can tell you what i'd like from the Qt frontend perspective. We already have
the concept of Converter[1] from which we have the PDF[2] and PS[3] converters
that have a set of options you can pass, so something similar for SVG
conversion would for sure make sense.

> I see in that code the ABWOutputDev. This is also about xml. What
> exacly is ABWOutputDev?

A pdf to abiword converter used by the commandling pdftoabw tool (that i will
propose to kill seems it seems noone uses it anymore)

> And how does it integrate into poppler library?
It is part of poppler core

> In the glib interface I do not see a reference.
Because it is not exposed there.

> Is there more to learn about poppler internals? The wiki does not
> bring me that far.

Sadly all you have is the code.

Albert

[1]