[poppler] whole word search?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Jan 10 14:53:12 PST 2011

Noone of the pdf viewers using poppler offers whole word search or

Digging around in the source code revealed the cause: They all seem to
be using poppler_page_find_text which does not provide this
functionality.

Is anyone interested in implementing this feature - or discuss how it
could be done?

It would be easy to make poppler_page_find_text take a regex which could
be matched against the interface. However I'm not sure which would be
the best way to change the interface without breaking existing code?

Eventually I'm interested in sponsoring this feature - if there is
someone knowing the this part of the code well willing to spend time on
it.

Its the only reason making me fire up adobe reader.. :(

Marc Weber