[poppler] whole word search?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Jan 11 11:51:53 PST 2011

Hi Brad & list. Yes sorry. My intention was to send it to the list
(only)
sup gets this always wrong when someone ccs me - and sometimes I forget
to check it :( Sorry again.

> On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 09:53:12 am Marc Weber wrote:
> > Noone of the pdf viewers using poppler offers whole word search or
> You might need to complete this sentence, or explain what you meant.

Whole word search allows finding `let` only in this text

let the letters be on paper.
^^^     XXX

The first let should be found, not the XXX marked one.

Yes searching for " let " works often, but not if let starts a new line.

If you still don't know what I'm talking about try starting
acrobatreader, press ctrl-shift-f and click on "Whole words only".
Same in Opera etc.

Marc Weber