[poppler] Problem while trying to build poppler using cmake

idka idka idkaphm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 13:20:32 PST 2011

Hi,

I got the latest poppler 0.16.0 code and was trying to build it on a win7
machine using cmake.

I created a build.cmd file and it looks like this:

del cmakecache.txt
set FTDIR=C:\developer\freetype-2.4.4
set FTLIBDIR=C:\developer\freetype-2.4.4\objs
set JPEGDIR=C:\Developer\jpeg
set ZLIBDIR=C:\developer\zlib
"C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake.exe" -G "Visual Studio 8 2005"
"C:\developer\poppler"
-DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH="%FTDIR%\include;%JPEGDIR\include%;%JPEGDIR%;%ZLIBDIR%\include"
-DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH="%FREETYPE_LIBRARY%;%FTDIR%\lib;%JPEGDIR\lib%;%JPEGDIR%;%ZLIBDIR%\lib"
-DFREETYPE_LIBRARY=freetype244MT -DCOMPILE_WARNINGS=no
-DENABLE_XPDF_HEADERS=ON

I ran the build.cmd and it went on for a while until at the end it
complained saying:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
files: ICONV_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED) linked by target "poppler-cpp" in
directory C:/Developer/Poppler/cpp

Where can I find the ICONV libraries? Can anybody help me please since I am
new to cmake and poppler.

Thanks,
Idka