[poppler] Implement Type 4, 5, 6, 7 shadings using cairo mesh gradients

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 05:53:46 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<carlosgc at gnome.org> wrote:
> Cairo 1.11.2 has a new mesh pattern that can be used to implement 6/7
> type gradients. Adrian has an updated poppler branch that implements
> mesh gradients in cairo backend:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ajohnson/poppler/log/?h=mesh
>
> I've tried it and it works great, it fixes bugs #28836 and #32791 (and
> maybe others). I haven't pushed the patch yet becuase it contains
> minimal changes in Gfx.cc. If nobody objects I'll push it to master
> branch only.

I have no objection against the mesh branch. I've already been using it
and I read the changes, so I believe it is correct.

I'd like to point out that it doesn't fix #32791. It only fixes the problem
for the cairo backend, but splash (and probably other backends as
well) are still affected by that bug.

Andrea