[poppler] pdftohtml, separate CSS file

Josh Richardson jric at chegg.com
Tue Jun 21 19:47:13 PDT 2011

Experienced web developers always separate their CSS from their HTML file  This makes maintenance and overriding of the styling much easier, as well as keeping the HTML file itself (nearly) completely content / semantics focused.

In the complex mode, I would like to separate out the styling into a separate CSS file, referenced from the output HTML file.  Any objections to this?

I am also cleaning up the tags so that they are all balanced and XHTML, hence XML-compliant.  Once this is done along with CSS separated out, I'm not sure of a need for a separate –xml mode for pdftohtml.  Thoughts on this?

Thanks, --josh