[poppler] Changed renderings due to Annot/Form changes

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Sun Mar 27 03:44:56 PDT 2011

Excerpts from carlosgc's message of jue mar 24 11:30:54 +0100 2011:
> Excerpts from Albert Astals Cid's message of vie mar 11 09:31:51 +0100 2011:
> > Hi Carlos, the following files suffer from rendering changes due to Annot/Form
> > changes, sometimes is just that the "tick" mark moved up a bit, and sometimes
> > a "radio button" drawing got replaced by a "cross".
> >
> > As far as I understood you said there should be no rendering difference at all
> > so i'm sending the whole list so that you can have a look and fix the
> > regressions.
> >
> >  * https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=26497
>
> If the problem here is the check buttons, it's not a regression, but a
> feature :-) we are now correctly using the appearance stream of the
> annotation.
>
> >  * Document not in the internet (will mail to you)
> >  * http://launchpadlibrarian.net/11456651/f1040nre-2007.pdf
>
> Ditto.
>
> >  * Document not in the internet (will mail to you)
> >  * http://launchpadlibrarian.net/14733056/Absentee%20Ballot.pdf
>
> Ditto.
>
> >  * https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=29612
>
> Can I see the differences? or did you remove the results already?

Ok, this one is also better now.

> >  * http://www.tcpdf.org/examples/example_054.pdf
>
> This doesn't look correct compared to acroread, I'll look at it in
> detail.

I've just fixed it in git master, I was ignoring the NeedAppearances
entry in AcroForm dict for some cases. It fixes the regression and
improves the output, but it still doesn't look like acroread.

> >  * http://librarian.launchpad.net/1607136/evince.pdf
>
> Ditto. (not a bug)
>
> >  * Document not in the internet (will mail to you)
>
> You have sent 3 documents to me, one twice (I guess by mistake) that
> seems to be the same document than example_054.pdf, and the other one
> looks correct.
>
> > Albert
>
> Thank you very much for running the test suite, I'll look at the
> two documents that are incorrectly rendered in detail.
>
> Regards,

Regards,
--
Carlos Garcia Campos