[poppler] GooString ‹ Why do we use it instead of std::string?

Josh Richardson jric at chegg.com
Thu Nov 3 22:48:36 PDT 2011

I noticed that there is some use of std::string in the codebase.  I think
GooString is historical, but it does provide some number conversion
facilities that are a little less straightforward with std::string.  For
the most part GooString has met my needs for pdftohtml, and where it
hasn't, I've extended it, because for consistency it seems like a good
choice -- don't know if that's right or wrong.  It's a good question.

--josh