[poppler] GooString — Why do we use it instead of std::string?

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 19:57:00 PDT 2011

As you say, that only used to be a problem in stdlib, it is no longer a problem.

There are various features of std::string not present in GooString,
which I need for my patches to poppler.

Most obviously, it is missing a substr() member.

Are there any restrictions/problems with the current std::string when
compared with GooString?