[poppler] GooString — Why do we use it instead of std::string?

Peter A. Kerzum kerzum at yandex-team.ru
Tue Nov 8 08:34:41 PST 2011

Hi, Alec

This patch is quite interesting... for us =)
could you please just post it as attachment

Maybe we could even create a fork, parameterized with data structures

Thank you

On Monday 07 November 2011 17:35:40 Alec Taylor wrote:
> But the libraries used are obsolete/redundant!
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > A Dimarts, 8 de novembre de 2011, vàreu escriure:
> >> If I wrote a PATCH to replace all GooString and GBool usages in
> >> pdftohtml wtih bool and std::string, would it be approved?
> >
> > No. Changing perfectly working code for no reason is not a good idea.

It's not perfect under some circumstances and debugging is difficult.
Using stdlib will make it easier.

> > Albert

Пётр Керзум
Группа разработки поисковой платформы