[poppler] Extract title from pdf file.

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 05:16:14 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> A Dimecres, 9 de novembre de 2011, Alec Taylor vàreu escriure:
>> Incorrect, all getDocInfo tells you is what the meta info says, it
>> doesn't analyse the actual document, whereas my pdftopdf will update
>> the metadata with the appropriate info after PDF analysis
>
> Please do not top post, makes reading e-mail incredibly hard.
>
> And no it is not incorrect, if the metadata does not have a title, then the
> document does not have a title as defined per the spec.
>
> Albert

But maybe the document doesn't have a title, because it was grabbed
from scanning the book, then OCRing it. So what I will facilitate is
the generation of proper metadata (+ more) from a current PDF lacking
such.

So if the document does have a title, my pdftopdf tool will find it,
and add it to the metadata.

I will contribute pdftopdf to poppler.