[poppler] Extract title from pdf file.

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Nov 10 07:55:54 PST 2011

A Dijous, 10 de novembre de 2011, Leonard Rosenthol vàreu escriure:
> On 11/10/11 10:00 AM, "Peter A. Kerzum" <kerzum at yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> >On Thursday 10 November 2011 14:36:39 Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> >> EXCEPT that Poppler (and by extension, pdftoxml) does NOT process the
> >> tagging & structure of the PDF :(.
> >
> >This is not true, you can at least get Outline textx with poppler
>
> The Outline elements have NOTHING to do with PDF Tagging & Structure NOR
> with any logical semantics about the document or its content!  They are
> simply navigation elements and can be used to navigate a user to either a
> specific spot in the current PDF, some other PDF, or perform ANY ACTION
> supported by PDF.
>
> As noted previously, semantic tagging & structure is described in ISO
> 32000-1:2008, 14.7 - 14.9.  And is not supported by Poppler.

You mean the Markings entry in the Catalog? None of my 1200 test files have
that. Not even the ISO_PDF32000_2008.pdf document itself has one of those ;-)

Oh wait, page 556 says Markings but page 74 says MarkInfo, maybe i found a bug
in the spec?

Or are you actually speaking about StructTreeRoot?

Anyhow, it's probably not the only thing we do not support ;-)

Albert