[poppler] Unit of the result from pageSize() and pageSizeF()

Joachim Langenbach joachim.langenbach at engsas.de
Thu Nov 24 00:04:45 PST 2011

Good morning everybody,

I'm trying to calculate scale factors and it is a little bit confusing. So what is the unit of the sizes
returned by pageSize and pageSizeF? Is it dots?

And what is the unit of the parameters renderToImage(xres, yres)? Are those resolutions in dots/inch?

May be it's worth to improve the documentation at those to functions, because units are not
mentioned here. Or for pageSize and pageSizeF, I do not understand "i.e. 1/72th on an inch".

I'm asking that, because I want to be able to render a PDF page into an image with known height and width
in pixel.

Please add me to the cc, because I'm not a list subscribor.

I'm appreciate for any help!

Kind Regards,

Joachim