[poppler] libpdfjs

jose.aliste at gmail.com jose.aliste at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 03:00:35 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Nedim Srndic <nedim.sh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 17:08 -0300, jose.aliste at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>> > A Dimecres, 12 d'octubre de 2011, Nedim Srndic vàreu escriure:

>> > As far as I know there is noone working on it. We will gladfully accept your
>> > patches though.
>> I have some wip patches in my branch that add this functionality to
>> poppler. I'll take a look into your lib but as Albert says, if you
>> feel like providing a patch for poppler, that would be great.
>>

> It would be very useful if one of the developers could review the code,

well, your code is not going to be reviewed unless you provide patches
for poppler ;)
I took a quick look about it and some of the internal methods you are
using are things we want.

> so that we know if it's acceptable/desirable. Also, the JavaScript is
> spread across the document in many places, and currently the library
> does not differentiate between them. Is that OK?

I think you are missing a point by doing it like this. In popppler
there are already many  objects that have actions and what you need to
do it is to support a javascript action on them, and add the api so
you can query that. In general you need to know where the action came
from so you can execute the code in the runtime whenever is
appropriate.

I will try to upload the finished part of my patches soon so we can
get a review from core devs.