[poppler] libpdfjs

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Thu Oct 13 05:51:31 PDT 2011

Hi,

Alle mercoledì 12 ottobre 2011, Nedim Srndic ha scritto:
> Poppler's Catalog class has a getJS() method that returns JavaScript
> scripts from the PDF document.

Yes.

> It currently only scans the Name tree for JavaScript scripts, but
> they can also be found in many other places in a PDF document.

Correct.

> Do you (Poppler developers) plan to support something like this in
> the future?

We already support the "JavaScript" type of actions, which are parsed
automatically when asking to parse an action. This means that, compared
on what you extract:
- we support global document scripts
- we support JS actions in outline items
- we do not extract yet Open/Close document actions in the core, but we
  do in the qt4 frontend (Page::action())
- we extract actions for some annotation types (but not globally for all
  the actions in Annot, there was some work some months ago, IIRC); this
  implies also the activation action of form widgets is supported too
unless I missed some case, the above should cover all your cases.

--
Pino Toscano