[poppler] Procedure entry point png_init_io could not be located in the dynamic link library

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 14:10:50 PDT 2011

Good morning,

Trying a different approach, I've compiled and linked the poppler
libraries with the kde4windows libraries.

Everythings working now, everything from compiling to linking.

However, when I run the project (and I've tried regenerating the
entire poppler project in CMake twice [which takes a long time,
manually setting all the locations]) I get a msg box with this error:
"The procedure entry point png_init_io could not be located in the
dynamic link library <path to binary>", even though it's linked to the
exact same library!

Some information about my libpng [and directory info]:

C:/kde/lib/libpng14.lib and the /include set to C:/kde/3rdparty/libpng

File+directory tree of C:/kde/lib = http://pastebin.com/axEvy1Ke
File+directory tree of C:/kde/3rdparty/libpng = http://pastebin.com/NW8XLdPp

(in case I'm using the wrong include dir)
File+directory tree of C:/kde: http://paste.ubuntu.com/722643/
File+directory tree of C:/usr: http://pastebin.com/iwDPHtbm

Please help me get this utility running.

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor