[poppler] qt3 frontend

Ilya Chernykh anixxsus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:47:20 PDT 2011

On Friday 16 September 2011 21:01:48 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> > Is it possible to keep support for qt3 front-end in poppler 0.18?
>
> It would be possible, but being honest Qt3 and KDE3 are the past.
>
> If you want to keep using them, that is fine, but for upstream projects
> maitaining a Qt3 backend when noone is interested in doing so is a pain, so it
> is not going to happen.
>
> Of course you are free to get the old code and compile it against the new
> poppler, it should not be that difficult.

I have just tried to build it separately but seems it does not build because the
build targets are interconnected. I actually do not know how to build it separately :-(

Also it seems that people of Trinity project had forked poppler-qt3:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/trinity/kdegraphics/kfile-plugins/dependencies/poppler-tqt/

But we on openSUSE do not use Trinity as it is a Ubuntu-centric project and as such it seems
would have to make a second fork.

I do not think it is good when a project undergoes multiple forking, and just better when the
upstream keeps the code.