[poppler] qt3 frontend

Ilya Chernykh anixxsus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 04:16:59 PDT 2011

On Saturday 17 September 2011 12:30:46 you wrote:
> If old Qt3 wrapper of poppler is separated as an individual source package
> and self-standing autoconf is included, it will serve for the people sticking
> to KDE3? I will be able to do such. I'm afraid KDE people prefers cmake, but
> I have no skill for it.

Thank you very much!

> I have to note that Qt3 wrapper is dropped during 0.16.x API, so its
> original source does not match with the latest poppler 0.17.x (Link and
> AnnotLink are merged on 2011-Mar-01). The current mismatch is so small and
> easy to fix (I could do it), but nobody can guarantee that next mismatch
> would be small again (if big, I won't do, because I'm not KDE user so I
> cannot test at all).
>
> I'm questionable whether KDE3 community have sufficient human resource to
> investigate the mismatch and fix them continuously.

Actually I think it would be possible to port patches from the Trinity project
as they forked poppler-qt3. The reason why we cannot use this fork directly
now is that they included it inside kdegraphics3 and there in no automake/cmake
to build poppler-qt3 separately. Also they renamed sertain methods to call their
tqtinterface instead of Qt3 directly (but this is mostly mechanical change).

So once we can build poppler-qt3 separately, we I think will be able to port any API-change
related patched from Trinity.