[poppler] Creating PDF with poppler ?

Thomas Freitag Thomas.Freitag at kabelmail.de
Sun Sep 18 01:04:14 PDT 2011

Am 17.09.2011 17:21, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dissabte, 17 de setembre de 2011, Thomas Freitag vàreu escriure:
>> Sorry, Albert!
>>
>> Your previous mail reaches me during my vacation. After I started
>> reading my mails again, I had tons of poppler mails in my mailbox, so I
>> decided to move them into an archive to read them later, when I have the
>> time to do it. That's why I missed it (and even that You commit my patch
>>
>> :-) )
>>
>> I now quickly created two man pages. Are they sufficient and more
>> important understandable?
> Hmm, reading the behaviour of pdfextract, i see that it differs a bit from
> e.g. pdftoppm in which you do not need to define the %d and the page numbers
> are appended automatically.
>
> I see that your way is a bit more powerful, since it allows to have the number
> at the beginning.
>
> What I would like you to do is:
>   a) Complain if no %d is in the pattern, e.g. right now
> ./pdfextract -f 1 -l 2 input.pdf ouput
> Only extracts page 2 (page 1 is probably extracted and then overwritten)
>   b) If no %d is in the pattern, just append the page number
>
> I am fine with any of them.
I decided to implement a) with one small change: if only one page should
be extracted pdfextract doesn't complain if %d is missing, i.e.

../pdfextract -f 1 -l 1 input.pdf firstpage.pdf

is still possible.
I attach a complete patch containing the man pages, too, and also the
changes in Makefile.am so that the man pages are installed automatically.

Thomas